Discovering that you are being investigated by HMRC can be very stressful, even if you are...
If you're looking for some business ideas for 2020, you've come to the right place. Here are some businesses that are ideal for the post corona world.
Good business ideas for 2020 are hard to come by. In a previous article we suggested:
- Premium delivery services
- Digital marketing
In today's article, another two businesses that you could start right now.
The coming together of mobile internet and the gig economy has led to a boom in ridesharing apps. Some of the more popular ones include:
Working for one of these companies could offer a good chance to make some quick money over the next few months. If you have lost your job during coronavirus, you can often start earning quickly (as long as you have your own car and a license to drive it).
Or you could start your own company. Or even just start yourself offering lifts to friends, neighbours and colleagues. Now would be a great time for a ridesharing business because:
- Public transport is dangerous due to the possibility of infection. In many countries, you aren't allowed on public transport without a good excuse. Many governments are (for the first time in a generation) encouraging people to use cars).
- A lot of people will lose their jobs because of coronavirus shutdowns. They may not be able to afford their own car. So they may become reliant on lifts from neighbours or carpooling with strangers.
- Now that restaurants have been forced to close, many more people are using food delivery services. So the restaurants need lots of drivers to get the food to their hungry customers. This means there's a much greater demand for a carpooling or ridesharing service.
Gardener / Handyman
Being forced to stay home has made many people aware of the importance of their garden. For many, it's the only chance they have had to go outside. For some elderly people, it may remain that way for many months.
However, many people aren't natural gardeners! Some may lack the skills. Some may not be able to spend their days gardening (if they work from home, for example). Some people (elderly or unwell, for example) but not physically be able to do the work.
The same applies for things around the house. With the increased number of people working from home, comes more things that need fixing. Now would be a good time to learn how to perform simple handyman tasks like:
- Gardening and basic landscaping
- Cleaning (especially cleaning which requires heavy lifting or physical fitness)
- Repair of basic items
- A familiarity with basic plumbing and electrical systems
We hope that these articles on business ideas have given you some inspiration! If you'd like to discuss your business ideas for 2020, please get in touch. We have a huge amount of experience working with new and established businesses reach their goals.
In addition to business consultancy, we offer a range of accounting services: