There are several benefits for the EIS, or Enterprise Investment Scheme, to make this an interesting...
Key Business Consultants offers a business consultancy service specifically designed for small and fast-growing businesses. In today's article, we'll explain the basics.
Our business consultancy service can take your business to the next level. According to Wikipedia:
The overall impact of a consultant is that clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than would be feasible for them to retain in-house, and may purchase only as much service from the outside consultant as desired.
What Is Business Consultancy?
A business consultant is a strategic expert who is brought in from outside an organisation. They are usually used in one of two specific ways:
- Problem Solving - The organisation has a specific problem to be solved. Perhaps the workforce is unhappy. Maybe the company has received some bad PR. Sometimes it's just because profits have started to dip.
- Value Adding - The consultant is brought in to make improvements not related to a specific problem. The goal may be to increase profits, reduce costs or maximise revenue.
Consultants usually have a specific area of expertise. In this article, we'll outline a few of these areas. We'll also explain how each one can add value to your business.
Sales & Marketing
This is an absolutely critical aspect of running a small business. Unfortunately, it's one are that a lot of founders and business owners neglect.
If you come from a tech or engineering background, you probably hate the thought of sales especially. You'd much rather work on the product than pick up the phone and hustle. You'd much rather write some code than worry about:
- Social media
- Copy writing
- Websites and blogs
- Paid advertising
- Sponsorship and influencers
A marketing consultant can take all this stress away from you, leaving you free to run your business. They often pay for themselves within a few weeks from the extra revenue.
We have a sister company called Key Business Marketing offering all of the above. If you are interested in working with them, please visit their website or get in touch. We would be happy to make the introduction.
Accounting & Finance
When you first started your business, you probably handled the accounts yourself. However, once the business starts to grow, it's often worth bring in an outside accountant.
If you have a background in finance, you can continue to handle the books yourself. However, a professional accountant will always help you to:
- Stay compliant with HMRC for tax, VAT, reporting purposes
- Ensure your company paperwork is up to date with Companies House (if you are incorporated)
- Track your spending, revenue, expenses and profits to make sure your business is viable
- Manage your internal admin for areas like staffing (including payroll) and operations (tracking stock and sales)
We have worked with thousands of clients over our decade in the business. Please check out our case studies for examples of how we've helped businesses just like yours.
If you would like to discuss how our business consultancy service works, please get in touch. We'll start by learning all about your business. Then we'll put together a thorough plan for maximal growth and efficiency.